Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Paintbrush

i keep my paintbrush with me
whereever i may go
in case i need to cover up
so the real me doesn't show.
i'm so afraid to show you me
afraid of what you'll do
i'm afraid you'll laugh or say mean things
afraid i might lose you.
i'd like to remove all the layers
to show you the real true me
but i want you to try to understand.
i need you to like what you see.
so if you'll be patient and close your eyes
i'll remove the coats real slow please understand
how much it hurts to let the real me show
now that my coats are all stripped off
 i feel naked,bare and cold
and if you still find me pleasing
you are my friend,pure as gold.
i need to save my paintbrush though and hold it in my hand
i need to keep it handy in case someone doesn't understand
so please protect me
my dear friend,and thanks for loving me true
and please let me keep my paintbrush with me
until i love me,too.

No comments:

Post a Comment